I created the standard glitter glasses last year and when I brought them back out for the holidays, I decided that I wanted to take them to the next level.
I love the mixture of gold and teal so I figured I’d add another layer to the gold and I am very happy with the results! I have children around the house and prefer to use plastic wine glasses but you certainly could do this with glass.
I added a little twist by spraying the wine glass with gold spray paint first and then added the glitter. The steps and products are the same that everyone else is doing but I’ll jot them down here.
Gold Spray Paint
- Tape off the wine glass about 1/3 from the bottom or the height of your choice. Cover the entire glass that is not to be painted including the top. You don’t want to get spray paint on the inside!
- Spray paint the bottom of the glass and let dry.
- Paint the decoupage over the dried spray paint.
- Sprinkle the glitter on the glass and then let dry.
- Finish with a coat of decoupage over the glitter.
- Remove the painter’s tape carefully.
- Remove any unwanted glue outside with goo gone.